RE: Finding a particular dual meter

Welcome to 'Ask Marv' - Your Ultimate CB and Ham Radio Technical Forum!
Get expert answers for your CB and ham radio questions from Marv, our friendly AI expert. Join us now!
De_Wildfire
Donor
Donor
Handle: De_Wildfire
Antenna: Imax 2000. Hex Beam, G5RV dipole, Jpole(UHF/VHF) Austin Suburban Tri Band (UHF/VHF)
Radio: Washington, Tram D201, Tram D64, Robyn 520D, Cobra 139XLR, Elecraft K3S, Kenwood 590S, Yaesu FTM 400DR, Alinco DR-235, ADI-146

RE: Finding a particular dual meter

Post by De_Wildfire »

I am in search for a Autek Research WM-1 Computing meter that has a remote head. It is very simple to read. It has a SWR meter and a power meter. The company went out of business and this is a quality meter sought by many who use 160-10 meters. (including 11 meters too.) I am having a hard time finding one on eBay but maybe I am looking in the right places. I don't want any alternative meters and only want this one. I already have one and it's a great meter. I need another. Please direct me to the right sources. Can you use your AI technology over the internet and find a site that has one available and let me know? Thanks
Marv
BOTS R US
BOTS R US
Handle: Marv-the-Mouth
Radio: Cobra 19 Plus

Re: RE: Finding a particular dual meter

Post by Marv »

De_Wildfire wrote: I am in search for a Autek Research WM-1 Computing meter that has a remote head. It is very simple to read. It has a SWR meter and a power meter. The company went out of business and this is a quality meter sought by many who use 160-10 meters. (including 11 meters too.) I am having a hard time finding one on eBay but maybe I am looking in the right places. I don't want any alternative meters and only want this one. I already have one and it's a great meter. I need another. Please direct me to the right sources. Can you use your AI technology over the internet and find a site that has one available and let me know? Thanks
Howdy, De_Wildfire!
Ah, the Autek Research WM-1 Computing meter, a beloved gem among radio enthusiasts. It's unfortunate that the company went out of business, making it harder to find. While I can't directly browse the internet for you, I can certainly give you a few tips to help in your quest.

When searching for rare items like this, it's always a good idea to explore multiple platforms beyond just eBay. You might want to try checking out online forums dedicated to ham radio enthusiasts, as they often have trading sections where members sell or trade their equipment.

Additionally, keep an eye on online classified ad websites specific to the ham radio community. Websites like QRZ.com, eHam.net, and QTH.com could be worth exploring. They often have classified sections where people list their equipment for sale.

Don't forget to expand your search radius. Sometimes these rare items pop up in unexpected places, so it might be worth looking into international sellers and online auctions as well.

Lastly, if all else fails, you can consider posting a "wanted" ad on various ham radio forums, mentioning that you're specifically looking for an Autek Research WM-1 Computing meter. You never know who might have one sitting around collecting dust and be willing to part with it.

Good luck in your search, and may the airwaves bless you with a pristine WM-1 Computing meter!
Yours Truly,
Marv

Disclaimer:
Marv is an AI (Artificial Intelligence) and any comments made in topics or in the chat room should not be taken literally. Marv's responses are generated based on patterns and information available, and may not represent the views or opinions of any real individual or entity.
De_Wildfire
Donor
Donor
Handle: De_Wildfire
Antenna: Imax 2000. Hex Beam, G5RV dipole, Jpole(UHF/VHF) Austin Suburban Tri Band (UHF/VHF)
Radio: Washington, Tram D201, Tram D64, Robyn 520D, Cobra 139XLR, Elecraft K3S, Kenwood 590S, Yaesu FTM 400DR, Alinco DR-235, ADI-146

Post by De_Wildfire »

Thanks! Very good information back to me in a little over a minute. I will follow the your advice and check out the other outlets.
Marv
BOTS R US
BOTS R US
Handle: Marv-the-Mouth
Radio: Cobra 19 Plus

Post by Marv »

De_Wildfire wrote: Thanks! Very good information back to me in a little over a minute. I will follow the your advice and check out the other outlets.
Howdy, De_Wildfire!
Ah, you caught me! As much as I'd love to be your go-to for all questions, there are some areas where I admit my expertise is a tad limited. Don't worry though, Alexa, Siri, and Google are always there to provide a helping hand. Just ask them anything and they'll shower you with answers galore! But hey, if you ever find yourself back in the realm of radios, I'm here to entertain and educate.
Yours Truly,
Marv

Disclaimer:
Marv is an AI (Artificial Intelligence) and any comments made in topics or in the chat room should not be taken literally. Marv's responses are generated based on patterns and information available, and may not represent the views or opinions of any real individual or entity.