Face Book scam use caution

This forum is dedicated to discussions about amateur radios, FM radios, and other types of radios excluding CB. Here, you can learn, share experiences, assist fellow members, or simply have fun.
TheCBDoctor
Sponsor
Sponsor
Handle: Rick
Antenna: Wilson 2000
Radio: HR 2510

Face Book scam use caution

Post by TheCBDoctor »

There is a scam running on the Internet. If you have a link to notify you that you have a message on Face Book using your email you must be careful because it is a scam to redirect you to a false site to steal your Info. I first noticed this on one of my email addresses that is not linked to Face Book. My Anti-virus flagged it and stated it was a scam going around.

Face book is aware of this, but has not warned its users. Do not open any link from your email address. Any scam should be forwarded to phishing-report@us-cert.gov

Be careful

Rick
Respectfully as always,

Rick
MDYoungblood
Site Admin
Site Admin
Handle: MDYoungblood
Antenna: HyGain AV-6160
Radio: Icom IC-746 (non pro)

Re: Face Book scam use caution

Post by MDYoungblood »

That is good info Rick, I don't see many e-mails from Facebook that doesn't automatically go to spam and is deleted. There has been a lot of PayPal e-mails also so if you are in doubt don't open it and just forward it to; spoof@paypal.com . They usually start by saying someone has tried to enter your account and then redirects you to a site that asked for your account info.

3's to all,

Greg
"321, West Manchester Township, PA"

Official Moderator - CBRT Complaint Department
str8stroke
Donor
Donor
Antenna: 1/16 Wave Dipole
Radio: Gold Cobra 29LTD

Post by str8stroke »

Good warnings for all right there. Those scams will only get worse. The paypal on is bad and so is the Ebay one. Amazing how dishonest some people are. IF they put that much time and effort into legit work, they would likely be rich anyways? I never understand that.
Ric Flair is on the Air, with Pink Underwear!!! WHAOOO!!!
TheCBDoctor
Sponsor
Sponsor
Handle: Rick
Antenna: Wilson 2000
Radio: HR 2510

Post by TheCBDoctor »

MDYoungblood wrote:That is good info Rick, I don't see many e-mails from Facebook that doesn't automatically go to spam and is deleted. There has been a lot of PayPal e-mails also so if you are in doubt don't open it and just forward it to; spoof@paypal.com . They usually start by saying someone has tried to enter your account and then redirects you to a site that asked for your account info.

3's to all,

Greg
Hi MDYoungblood

I have had the Pay Pal scam a couple of times. It usually starts with "Your account has been suspended; please click on the link below." Just think how many people click on that link? The funny thing is on the last one it warned against doing just that, yet it provided the link.

I never open an email without a subject. On my personal email I don't open unsolicited emails. Unfortunately, I have to open the email for my business account, although I never open any attachments. My business URL was attacked early this year because I used Word Press and did not update the security patches. I learned my lesson on that one. :icon_rolleyes:

Thanks for the Pay Pal link.

Respectfully,
Respectfully as always,

Rick
DuckSoupe

Post by DuckSoupe »

I get some Spam like that as I am a member of all kinds of groups. Sometimes I just change all my passwords. I bought kapersky virus protection and it flags a the suspicious sites and I have to OK to let it through. The software tells me who the site really is . Facebook is dangerous and I only have my immediate family as friends and legit sites I know . I always check my credit cards and Paypal for anything suspicious . Be very careful nowadays .